Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Yashica Samurai X3.0 - Half-fame camera from 1987

I was looking in one of the boxes that my dad left me, still can feel the smell of his cigarettes. And I look at this ugly video cam but when I google, I got a 35mm camera. This must be the ugliest camera in the world. I need to test it and I want to have it in my project "my song" that I will start tomorrow.

Some info from camera wiki: The unusual Samurai series was started by Kyocera in 1987 with X3.0. Samurai rejected earlier ideas about still camera design and instead created a body more similar to the compact camcorders that became popular at that time. Samurai is a true SLR image, which exposes images of half-fame (17 × 24 mm) - a format that had always been more accepted in the Japanese market (for example, in the Olympus Pen series). The Samurai X3.0 is available with both the Yashica and Kyocera brand and with accents in either red or teal blue colors. It can be seen as one of the creators of the "bridge camera" concept, along with full-screen models such as the Olympus Infinity Zoom 300.

The X3.0 has an integrated zoom lens with autofocus 25-75 mm - a 3x zoom range (the latter Samurai X4.0 zoomed in to 100mm, a 4x range). In addition to autofocus, the camera has motorized film forwards and backward, and power zooming with WIDE / TELE buttons. There is also a small "RS" (reset) button in case the camera's microprocessor locks.











Youtube  - NegativeFeedback
 Yashica Samurai X3.0


Michael Cretu - Samurai


No comments:

Post a Comment