Saturday, January 2, 2016

Kodak Retina 1 - 1948

When my dad past away and I got this beautiful German Retina1 that was my grandfathers camera.

Retina was the name of a long-running series of German-built Kodak 35mm cameras. Retinas were manufactured in Stuttgart by Nagel Kamerawerk, which Kodak had acquired in 1931, and sold under the Kodak nameplate.

The first Retina, a compact folding camera which pioneered the 135 version of the 35mm film, was followed by two new models in 1936. The Retina I, which was the more popular of the two, was essentially the same as the previous model. The Retina I was most commonly equipped with a 50 mm f/3.5 Schneider Kreuznach Retina-Xenar lens and Compur or Compur-Rapid shutter, though other lenses and shutters were available.

Retina I (1936-1950)




















Find info how to load a Retina film camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment